Tuesday, January 31

Short Term Memory Loss

So I wish that I could say that she turned to me, gasped, bowed to her date, and she and I went skipping off into the sunset. Nope. Quite the contrary. Sarah pretty much disappeared for the next three weeks.

For three weeks I looked. For three weeks I watched. For three weeks I would look out the window every single time I walked past in hopes that she might be outside, might be getting into her car. Did I see her? Nope. Not once. Did I even see her car in the parking lot? Nope. She pretty much fell off the face of the planet.

Well, the 3rd of July came around. I was walking along the street, enjoying the festivities like most when there she was, sitting on a blanket, strumming a guitar. Love at first sight? No, not exactly. Was I intrigued however? You betcha.

We talked, we laughed, and I said goodnight. I didn't want to press her. I took a risk. She disappeared for three weeks. I put a hope out there that she wouldn't again for the next three...

...I saw her the very next day... and the day after that... and the day after that...


2 comments:

  1. You're a hopeless romantic. Will Katie be home in time for the wedding?

    ReplyDelete